Our accountancy expertise lies in advising owner managed business and two of the major issues facing them are:
- What is the most optimum remuneration strategy between equity holder and employee; and
- What exit strategy do I have to maximise my income in retirement.
Maintaining income levels for the owner manager and achieving the optimum balance between a dividend and employment remuneration strategy in times of changing taxes requires careful planning.
It is essential that businesses recruit, retain and motivate their employees. This can be achieved by developing remuneration packages which minimise tax and National Insurance for both employees and employers. A remuneration package may include pension contributions, benefits and the opportunity to acquire shares in the company via a share schemes. Businesses need to ensure packages meet the requirements of key employees to retain their services and that the package is tax effective.
In terms of attracting and retaining the best people or rewarding them when they leave or retire, a tax-efficient remuneration structure can be essential for any business. However, the tax issues are often central to the decision making process and we have the knowledge and expertise to provide the right solution.
Our expertise includes advising on:
- Enterprise Management Incentive Schemes
- Company Share Option Schemes
- Save as You Earn Schemes
- Unapproved Share Option Schemes
- Phantom Schemes
- Bonus and Benefits Planning
- Profit extraction Planning
Exit strategies whether they revolve around outright sale, succession planning, or management buy ins all require careful planning a considerable time in advance. Our expertise lies in helping you:
- Agree on long-term strategic goals both for the owner manager and the business;
- To prepare the company in both its systems and staff for the day when the owner manger will no longer be involved; and
- To maximise your remuneration both during and post that period.